Antiphonary

Ink, tempera, and gold on parchment | 55.9 x 43.2 x 10.2cm | c. 1470-1480

Girolamo da Cremona

The initial A with the resurrected Christ, shown here, was painted by an immediate follower of Girolamo da Cremona, who was likely working in Siena using the master's designs. Girolamo was intermittently active until 1474 in Siena, where he decorated...
read more