Manufacture de Sèvres

The manufactory was founded to the east of Paris in the disused royal château of Vincennes, in 1739-40. It was not until 1756 that it moved to the village of Sèvres, west of Paris, en route to Louis XV’s palace of Versailles and close to the house of his mistress, Madame de Pompadour, who was a great lover of porcelain and a great supporter of the ...
read more
Browse collection
534 objects