Head of an Osiride Statue of Hatshepsut Originally in the Temple Sanctuary SE Corner

Limestone, paint | 8.7in | c. 1479-1458 B.C.

Unknown Artist

This head is one of three in the Museum's collection that belong to four Osiride figures of Hatshepsut that decorated the sanctuary of Amun in her funerary temple at Deir el Bahri. The head wears the White Crown of Upper Egypt and was originally at t...
read more