Pair of wall brackets

Carved, painted and gilded basswood | 73.7 x 50.8 x 15.9cm | c. 1763-64

Unknown Artist

Four of these brackets, each fitted with a vase-shaped top, originally hung in the trelliswork garden room of the Franckenstein Pavillion at Schloss Seehof, near Bamberg.

Credit: The Lesley and Emma Sheafer Collection, Bequest of Emma A. Sheafer, 19...
read more